It's super hot in Toronto these days.
Hot, I mean, very hot.
I can't stop myself screaming ~ Hot!!!~ every time I had to step outside. It's at least 40 degrees outside for the past week.
Since it's so hot the last thing I want to do is stand next to a stove or turn on the oven. I have been on a cold food diet for the past few days. Salads, cold noodles... and that applies to dessert.
I had made this no bake mango cheesecake years ago and I had misplaced the recipe for the last few years. Luckily I uploaded the recipe on a baking forum back in 2005 and I was able to dig it up from the oldest post they had.
So here it is, I am sharing it on my blog, just so I don't loose it again. Try it and enjoy the hot but nice weather!
No Bake Mango Cheesecake
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
Mix thoroughly. Press down at the bottom of a spring form pan. Refrigerate while working with the filling.
Mango Cheese filling
250g cream cheese, room temperature or slightly warm in the microwave until pliable
220g heavy cream
4 tsp gelatin powder
3 tbsp water
2 ripe mango or 200g mango puree
rind and juice of 1/2 lime
- Soak gelatin in cold water. Melt in the microwave or hot water bath. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream to 60% stage. * Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese until there are no lumps. Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add mango puree, lime rind and juice to the cream cheese mixture. Add melted gelatin.
- Fold in the whipped cream until just combined. Pour mixture over prepared graham cracker base. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.