Friday, September 17, 2010

Chocolate Mochi Cake



Since I loaded up with my stock of Giradelli cocoa powder from SF, I need to use up my old stash in order to open up the new can. I picked a recipe online from Petite Chef, checked my barely empty fridge that I took effort to empty out before my trip, and started to go for it. I have changed a coconut milk to condensed milk as that is what I have got. It worked! So here is what I have done.


4 Tablespoons of butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 C dutch-processed cocoa powder
2.2 oz. mochiko (sweet rice, or glutinous flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons evaporated milk 
 I have used a silicon mini muffin mold so there is no need to spray and prep the pans.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees C.

Cream butter and sugar together with a hand held mixer. Add egg to incorporate.
Sieve together cocoa powder, mochiko and baking powder. Add the sieved dry ingredients to the butter mixture in 2 batches and mix with the mixer until just binded. Add evaporated milk and mix until just incorporated.
Divide batter equally into 12 mini muffin tins and bake for 18 minutes. (A few more minutes for a silicon pan) Cakes should spring back with a finger test. Rest for 5 minutes in the pan before demolding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...