Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Take Two


Since the good praises from my friends about the olive macarons, I had more confidence in making these french delicacies. Since I had some balsamic buttercream left, I thought why not create some strawberry macs to pair with the balsamic? So here you go!


I had used these freeze dried strawberries to make the macs. It's the same recipe that I have shown in my last post, just measure 20g of freeze dried strawberries, ground it up in a coffee grinder / food processor, and replace the olives in the recipe. Pass the grounded strawberries through the sieve with the icing sugar and ground almonds.


I didn't use any food colouring in this batter, although I probably should've. You can see from the above picture that the batter looks really pink but the pink hue turned brown in the oven. However, the flavour is bold and intense.

I had a few other macaron flavours in my mind that I want to try but I ran out of ingredients. Time to go shopping!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! What brand of freeze dried strawberries did you use? I tried Trader Joe's, but all a got was a strange tangy taste, not even reminiscent of strawberry (strange). TJ's freeze dried banana did not work for macarons either.

    Also, you have fantastic photographic styling. Your macarons look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks fantastic¡¡ you gave me an idea with the dried strawberries.
    I love your blog and your style¡¡ I have never done macarons, I must try¡¡

    Kisses

    http://sprinklestree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    I must give credit to my photographer (a.k.a. my boyfriend) for the fantastic photos! We had fun doing food styling and food photography together.

    @ Anna: I haven't found any packaged freeze dried fruits in my area. I got mine from Bulkbarn, a bulk food store near my neighbourhood Toronto.

    @ Smetelig: You must try making macarons! Although I do admit that my batches are not always successful. Must practice more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited multiplemanyseveralvarious websitessitesweb sitesweb pagesblogs butexcepthowever the audio qualityfeature for audio songs currentpresentexisting at this websiteweb sitesiteweb page is reallyactuallyin facttrulygenuinely marvelouswonderfulexcellentfabuloussuperb.
    paddy rice suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I certainly appreciate this website. Keep writing!
    rice suppliers in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...