Sunday, November 25, 2012

Have a Piece of Cake!

 

Have you ever wonder why birthdays have to be associated with cake? I'm not sure as anyone can come up with a different answer. When I was asked to make a cake for a 70th birthday cake for my friend's father-in-law, I was excited but yet stumbled on the cake design. I have met the birthday boy several times and know that he has a funny character; therefore I decided to make a cake that makes everybody laugh when the cake enters the room.

Chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream is hiding underneath the chocolate fondant (the piece of "cake") and buttercream fondant (the "plate"). Oh yeah the "plate" is edible. A gum paste candle and fork completes the cake on a air brushed "place mat".

Happy 70th Deni! Have a piece of cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...