Saturday, February 13, 2010

Roasted Banana Cream Tart


Inspired by a simple recipe online of banana cream pie, I decided to make my own version of banana cream tart.

I tried out the method suggested in the blog to roast it in it's skin in a 425 degree F oven for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes the banana looked a bit tan in the oven, and by 15 minutes there were juice oozing through the skin and turned quite dark in colour. The sugar in the banana carmelized and pushed extra liquid from the fruit, making the taste more concentrated and rich.

I let the banana rest a little bit and took it out of the skin and started meshing. I blind baked a 7" tart shell that I practiced with the school's recipe and added the mashed banana into the empty shell.

To top it off, I whipped up some fresh cream with a splash of Bailey's to tempt my banana-no-no bf to at least try it out. It worked! He finished his portion in less than 2 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...