Yes, I am serious. I bought a standmixer before I did my house hunting. It's that bad.
It's been 3 months since I moved in, I have collected quite a few things in the kitchen. I was actually surprised that I can fit all that stuff within my 20 cubic feet of kitchen cabinet space. I mean, a standmixer has already taken up at least 1.5 cubic feet!
I thought the standmixer was essential, considering the amount of dessert I make on a regular basis. But no, the only (half) time that I used my standmixer was when I was making fresh pasta, and that's when I broke the motor of the machine. Since there are only 2 of us, the portions I have been making are so small that a hand held mixer can do the job.
So what do I have so far? Let's see.
My kitchen gadget collection as of today:
1. a standmixer
2. 3 pasta attachment
3. a tiny food processor
4. a rice cooker (I am asian afterall!)
5. a toaster
6. a kettle
7. a henkel knife set
8. a hand mixer with 2 sets of attachment
9. a waffle maker
10. two 9-inch, one 7-inch, twelve mini tart shells
11. two baking sheets, muffin pans, one mini muffin pan
12. a set of 3 square cake pans, two oval pans that I have never used before, a rectangular pan that I found in my mom's basement
13. one cake stand and one english afternoon tea set
14. a turntable
15. 2 spatulas, 3 pallet knife, a digital scale, 2 wire whisk, 4 piping bags with lots of piping tips
16. a small bamboo steamer
17. 3 (!) blow torches (2 were gifts!)
18. a vinoglobe decanter
19. a set of expresso cups and saucers, a set of magarita glasses (gifts!) a set of basic wine glasses, a set of water glasses and a set of mugs
20. 2 sets of creme brule plates, 8 ramekins
21. a baking rack and pan that came with my apartment
22. two tea/coffee carafe
That's all I could think of right now. I was thinking about buying a paella pan and a mandoline but I haven't have the time to look yet. I mean, I can't make paella without a paella pan and english cucumber sandwiches without a mandoline right? My knife skills aren't that good yet to cut things paper thin and the regular pan cannot create the crispy goodies of a good paella.
Oh, and I really want to make my own ice cream. I want an ice cream attachment!
The big question is, where am I going to put them?