Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Daycare



I made these cookies for my friend to celebrate her new born baby.  These are basic vanilla cookies with royal icing. According to my friend and her husband they tasted great! The two of them finished the 20 cookies within my 48 hours of visit! I ended up making a second batch at 11pm on Monday night for their party next Saturday.


The royal icing has to dry before piping melted chocolate for the eyes and nose. By the time I finished icing it was 3:30am, and I took a short nap and woke up at 5:30am again to pipe the chocolate. I put them in the fridge to speed up the chocolate to set. I opened the fridge in the morning and there were 77 little smiling faces looking at me. That made my sleep deprived day so much better.

4 comments:

  1. great job on the icing n chocolate piping! if i were the one to do it, 3/4 of the batch would b in garbage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice makes perfect! You cannot not get a hand of it if you have almost 100 of them to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehee, my hands will be shaking after 20 cookies :-)! quick! submit the picture to tastspotting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really? you think i can submit to tastespotting with these? i failed the last few times. :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...