Sunday, July 10, 2011

Double Chocolate

Have you ever wonder if your store bought chocolate cake a real chocolate cake?  Or is it cocoa cake? Quite a lot of chocolate cake recipes I found calls for mainly cocoa powder, and I always find them dry or lack chocolate flavour. They lack intensity and richness that a chocolate cake should have. It's just different.

There is a chocolate sponge cake recipe I generally use that made of majorly melted chocolate. It's springy, dense with intense chocolate flavour. The beauty of home baking is that you can choose to use better ingredients and not worry about the profit.

I recently purchased the book Miette by Meg Ray with Leslie Jonath. Although I have never been to Miette the last time in San Francisco, the photos of the lovely cakes catches my eye. There's also this double chocolate cake recipe that has both melted chocolate and huge amount of cocoa powder. The product is intensely dark in colour, super moist, and relatively easy to make. I used this recipe to make cupcakes to go with my white sesame buttercream left from grandma's birthday cake, and it was super delicious. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
(Sorry, I won't be posting the recipe on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...