Saturday, August 24, 2013

Retirement Cake - Traveling Theme


The past few August has not been pleasant to me. Although the weather is nice with lovely temperatures and long hours of daylight, I often feel uneasy and stressed. I am suspecting that my mood swings have been caused by jealousy of others who have time to enjoy the nice weather while I am stuck at work. Ever since I finished school I have never taken vacation during the summer. I am a summer girl and the feeling of not being able to enjoy myself in my favourite season makes me angry.

Yup, that's my theory at least.

And here comes another summer when I got nothing to do but stuck at work. So when V asked me to do a retirement cake for his parents who loves to travel, I think this is a remedy to my anger.


This is a 2-tier strawberry buttercream with vanilla cake. The retiring couple has longed for a vacation and it is best to mark this new chapter in life with a luggage cake. 


I had full trust that my cake would survive the 4.5 hour ride to Ottawa and it did! Right V? All the best to the retiring couple and may you soon collect a lot more travelling stamps to cover the entire cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...